Our Blog

Welcome to our blog


Free Legal Rental Advice

Posted 17. Oktober 2022 by Logistik-Express in Allgemein

Select one of the following topics for answers to legal questions, sample forms, and information about the courts, lawyers, and social organizations that provide housing-related services. OCJ`s hotline is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to provide legal advice and phone information to New York tenants who need help with legal questions regarding rent, lease, or other landlord-tenant matters. We recommend that you consult the free legal advice before taking a consultation so that you can understand the context of the issues you are facing and better focus on what you need to know. Centro San Juan Diego, Archdiocese of Denver Website: centrosanjuandiego.org/en/legal-night/ Phone: (303) 295-9470 Provides free legal advice on housing and immigration by phone at 1 and 3. Wednesday of each month. Legal advice is free, available in any postal code and available regardless of immigration status. If you are faced with a request from your landlord to make an eviction order against you, the OJC may provide you with free legal services through our non-profit legal service provider partners under the City`s Right to Counsel Act. All tenants who are currently subject to an eviction order are eligible, regardless of their postal code, immigration status, or whether the tenant has previously refused or was not eligible for legal representation under the universal access program, and regardless of household income under an income exemption from the CJOC. If you are facing an eviction case, the CJO may provide free legal assistance through our non-profit legal service providers to provide you with legal representation or other assistance in your housing court case under city law to a lawyer. If you believe you have been illegally locked out of your home by your landlord, the CJO may offer free legal services through our non-profit legal service providers to assist you in an “illegal lockout case” in housing court. It is illegal for a landlord to evict you without filing an eviction lawsuit against you in court or before there is a court order allowing a commissioner to evict you.

If you believe you have been illegally locked out, you can take legal action (an “illegal lockout” or “property restitution”) in the Housing Court. Colorado Legal Services website: www.coloradolegalservices.org/node/4/contact-colorado-legal-services Phone: (303) 837-1313. For Adams County, call 720-595-4379. For Adams County or Broomfield Email 17thevictionclinic@colegalserv.org Other Colorado Legal Services locations in Colorado: www.coloradolegalservices.org/node/4/contact-colorado-legal-services To access OCJ`s legal advice on tenant housing, please call 311 and ask for the city`s Tenant Helpline. Here are some resources that can provide legal assistance with foreclosure, tenancy, home ownership, and other laws in California. Colorado State Rent Assistance: cdola.colorado.gov/rental-mortgage-assistance Contact a representative CALL OR TEXT: 1-888-480-0066/M – F 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Mountain Time, Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. If your landlord refuses to fix a serious or dangerous situation in your home, for example: mold, peeling lead paint, or leakage, or if your landlord isn`t providing the essential services you`re legally entitled to, such as heating, hot water, gas, electricity, or adequate security, you can file a complaint with the housing court (an HP lawsuit) asking a judge to order your landlord to make those repairs. Below is a list of free, low-cost rent assistance and legal resources for renters and mobile/manufactured landlords renting land in Colorado. If you are a tenant or owner of a mobile home that is at risk of eviction, or if you have other questions about your lease or tenancy, you can contact one of the following organizations to understand your legal rights.

The Housing Department does not guarantee the quality or availability of the legal services listed. If you have any questions or comments about this list, please contact MHPOP@state.co.us. If you receive a “subpoena and a complaint of forced entry and detention,” it means that your landlord has taken legal action to evict you. Be sure to provide a “response” (response) to the court before the date and time specified in the summons and/or appear before the court on the date and time of your scheduled hearing. If you do not respond or appear in court on the specified date and time, you will lose the “default” deportation case. Colorado`s judicial branch has information and forms about evictions from rental apartments, RV parks, and illegal evictions: www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/SubCategory.cfm?Category=Housing you can go to a court support center to help you understand and fill out these forms: www.courts.state.co.us/Self_Help/center.cfm. If you are a tenant and have questions about harassment by your landlord, repairs to your apartment or building, or your rights as a tenant, please call 311 and ask for the tenant helpline or visit the city`s online tenant resource portal for information and resources for New York City tenants. including free legal advice from OCJ`s non-profit legal services. The OCJ has partnered with Legal Services to provide tenants in New York City with free access to telephone legal advice and information. Under New York City`s Right to Attorneys Act (RTC), the DSS/HRA`s Bureau of Criminal Justice (OCJ) offers tenants facing eviction through a housing court administrative proceeding or NYCHA administrative proceeding access to free legal representation and advice from nonprofit legal advisory organizations in all five boroughs. Legal advice from attorney Ken Carlson, who is celebrating his 42nd birthday since 1980 in landlord-tenant law to protect the rights of California tenants and has helped tens of thousands of clients.

Mi Casa Resource Center and Colorado Hispanic Bar Association Website: micasaresourcecenter.org/ Phone: (303) 573-1302 Offers a free legal clinic on the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 6pm to 8pm. Participants must make an appointment prior to the event: micasaresourcecenter.org/other-resources If you`re looking for help with housing costs and housing stability, you`re not alone. There are hundreds of organizations across the country that help people who fear eviction or have lost their homes. Below are resources that may help. I recently received an eviction order or petition to reinstate/enforce an eviction I have a termination case filed by the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA). The purpose of this website is to purify the air, remove those clouds of anger and doubt and help you achieve what you want. If you receive court documents that your landlord is trying to evict you, or a notice from the housing court that plans to appear in an eviction case, you should talk to a lawyer who can advise you on what you need to do next to protect your rights as a tenant.

--> -->